Have you been looking for a good book to learn cryptography? Sometimes it can be hard to find a good book that covers what you are looking for.
I will be discussing some of the best cryptography books in different categories and where you can get then and start learning cryptography fast.
These books will provide the best introduction to cryptography and this will be a good first step to take to learn cryptography.
- Read: What does cipher mean.
Some of the books I will include are articles or websites that you can dive in and start learning about encryption and cryptography.
The best way to increase your knowledge in cryptography after successfully reading these books would be implementing it in real life.
Use these books as your guide to specific topics in cryptography that has been giving you problems.
Some books have free downloads while other require purchasing.
The books are in various formats: PDFs, epubs, ebooks and print versions that you can easily buy online or at your local bookshop.
List of cryptography books
The books will be categorized in the following:
- Good introductory books on cryptography
- Best cryptography books for beginners
- Books to read to understand the basics of cryptography
- Best books for cryptography and network security
- Books for ethical hacking and cryptography
- Books on quantum cryptography
- Java cryptography books
- Best cryptography books
- Visual cryptography books
- Top 10 cryptography books
- Free cryptography books
- Computer cryptography books
- Cryptography interview preparations books
- Mathematical cryptography books
1) Good introductory books on cryptography
These books are great to get the best introduction to cryptography and have an easy time later.
Note that these introductory books only cover the very basics and deep aim at giving you a head start in cryptography world.
Good books to introduce children to cryptography
- Public key encryption introduction.
- Information hiding.
- Cryptography for beginners.
- Codes, ciphers and secret writing.
Books that provide the best introduction to cryptography
- Introduction to modern cryptography by Lindell and Katz.
- Bellare and Rogaway lecture notes.
- Classical introduction to cryptography. This is great for self study and has a lot of examples to learn from.
- Understanding cryptography by Paar and Pelzi. This is great for modern day ciphers.
- Number theory and cryptography. This is great to get started with maths related to cryptography.
- Introduction to mathematical cryptography. Get you hands on how RSA cryptography, Lattice cryptography and elliptic curve cryptography work.
2) Best cryptography books for beginners
I recommend the following books for beginner to cryptography. If you have no background knowledge in this field these books will be of great help to get you started.
You can start learning cryptography from scratch and then advance to high level with great speed.
If you are worried about mathematics requirements then you should be happy because these books have good mathematical references and a lot of examples on how various concepts work.
These will be great books for newbies to cryptography
Beginner books to learn algorithms and cryptography
- Applied cryptography: protocols and algorithms.
- Understanding cryptography: A textbook for students and practitioners
3) Books to read to understand the basics of cryptography
By reading these books you will create a great foundation for understanding future concepts in cryptography.
You will gain a deeper understanding of how cryptography works on a low level.
You don’t have to be an expert to understand these books. Start as a beginner and build your way up to advanced levels.
These are the books I would go for to learn classical cryptography basics as a beginner.
Most basic books for cryptography
- Cryptography: Theory and practice
- Cryptography for dummies.
- Foundations of cryptography.
- Modern cryptography: Theory and practice
4) Best books for cryptography and network security
These are great books on network security, embedded systems and hardware cryptography.
The list also includes books for learning information security, data security and encryption for beginners.
The main aim of these books is to teach you how computer network security and cryptography relates and how to secure networks from attacks.
Best books on cryptography and network security
- Cryptography and network security: Principles and practice
- Cryptography and network security by McGraw Hill
- Attacking network protocols by James Forshaw
5) Best free books for ethical hacking and cryptography
This is the list for books on ethical hacking and cryptography, key sensitive analysis in cryptography.
I also include books on cyber security and also in modern military intelligence and cryptanalysis.
With these books you will be able to enhance your career in cyber security and cryptography.
Books on cyber security and cryptography
- Web applications hackers handbook. This guide will help you discover and exploit security flaws in web applications.
- Open security training: This is a definitive guide for network related topics and computers.
- Hacking the hacker.
- Network security essentials applications and standards.
6) Books on quantum cryptography
- Introduction to quantum cryptography
- Quantum cryptography and secret key distillation.
- Post quantum cryptography.
- Applied quantum cryptography
7) Java cryptography books
- Java cryptography (Java series)
- Beginning cryptography with Java
- Java cryptography extensions: Practical guide for programmers.
8) Best cryptography books
These so of the most interesting cryptography books to read. They are a must-read books if you are serious about cryptography.
These books make learning cryptography fun and at the same time teach you complex concepts and ideas.
This list also features books on bitcoin, blockchain, cryptocurrencies and decentralized networks.
- Age of cryptocurrency
- Serious cryptography byAumasson
- Applied cryptography by Bruce
- A cryptography primer by Philip
- Break the code: Cryptography for beginner by Bud Johnson
- Elliptic curves by Lawrence
- The mathematics of secrets by Joshua Holden
9) Best books on public key cryptography with a good mathematical background
Thes are great books to understand the underlying maths in cryptography and cryptocurrencies.
Recommended for professionals on modern cryptography as they feature latest AES ciphers and elliptic curves cryptography.
These books are more detailed and require a great understanding of mathematics and complex concepts in cryptography.
- Discrete mathematics and its applications by R. Stinson
- Introduction to mathematical cryptography by Jeffrey Hostein
- Number theory and cryptography by Neal
- Applied mathematics for encryption and information security by Chuck Easttom